Format: Paperback / softback
Published: September 2018
Our attention has never been as overwhelmed or in demand as it is today; we've never been so busy while accomplishing so little, and we've grown uncomfortable with boredom and a lack of stimulation and distraction.
In Hyperfocus, Chris Bailey - described by TED.com as 'the most productive man you could ever hope to meet' - provides profound insights into how we can best manage our attention. He reveals how the brain switches between two mental modes - hyperfocus, our deep concentration mode, and scatterfocus, our creative, reflective mode - and how the surest path to being our most creative and efficient selves at work is to combine them both.
The often counter-intuitive wisdom at play includes:
- How working fewer hours increases our productivity
- How drinking caffeine strategically instead of habitually gives us more energy
- How we get more done by making our work harder, not easier
- How we do our best creative work when we're the most tired
Merging neuroscience, psychology and mindfulness with practical takeaways for being more focused in our work and wider lives, Hyperfocus will help you think about and manage your attention on a daily basis.
This item is on the shelf at the following Harry Hartog shops. Please contact the shop to hold your copy.
* Availability and price subject to change at any time.