Format: Paperback / softback
Published: October 2018
It has been called the political crime of the century: This book from Pulitzer Prize-winning Washington Post reporter Greg Miller uncovers for the first time the truth behind the Kremlin's attempt to put Trump in the White House, how they did it, when and why.
This exclusive book uncovers the truth behind the Kremlin's interference in Donald Trump's win and Trump's steadfast allegiance to Vladimir Putin. Drawing on interviews with hundreds of people in Trump's inner circle, the intelligence communities, foreign officials, and confidential documents. The Apprentice offers exclusive information about:
* the hacking of the Democrats by Russian intelligence;
* Russian hijacking of Facebook and Twitter;
* National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's hidden communications with the Russians;
* the attempt by Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, to create a secret backchannel to Moscow using Russian diplomatic facilities;
* Trump's disclosure to Russian officials of highly classified information about Israeli intelligence operations;
* Trump's battles with the CIA and the FBI and fierce clashes within the West Wing;
* Trump's efforts to enlist the director of national intelligence and the director of the National Security Agency to push back against the FBI's investigation of his campaign;
* the mysterious Trump Tower meeting;
* the firing of FBI Director James Comey;
* the appointment of Mueller and the investigation that has followed;
* the internal battles within Trump's legal camp;
* and Trump's jaw-dropping behaviour in Helsinki.
Deeply reported and masterfully told, The Apprentice is essential reading for anyone trying to understand Vladimir Putin's secret operation, its catastrophic impact, and the nature of betrayal.
This item is on the shelf at the following Harry Hartog shops. Please contact the shop to hold your copy.
* Availability and price subject to change at any time.